Thursday, January 23, 2014

Third Time is the Charm

Cows are "ruminant" animals, like goats, sheep, and many more. These animals have the unique ability to convert otherwise unusable land resources into a nutritious protein and vitamin rich product for human consumption. Like turning water to wine.

In my last attempt to become a blogger (I'm really not the writing type..), I will be developing blog posts that are producer friendly that allow individual ranchers to apply new information and science to optimize operations for cattle, sheep, goats, horses, and wildlife.

My credentials? I worked summers on a 300+ cow-calf operation in Kansas. I've raised a few cows of my own over the years. I graduated from Kansas State University with a Bachelor's Degree in Animal Science and Industry with a special emphasis in beef cattle and grazing.

Currently, I'm working on a Master's Degree at Texas A&M University in Kingsville, TX. Here, I am conducting a forage and diet selectivity study on the King Ranch.


Being the liaison between cowboy science and academia is exactly where I want to be.

Happy Ruminating,

The Bos Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment