Monday, January 27, 2014

Music Monday - The Washers

Only in Texas are the bands better in person than they are on the radio. Recently, a friend and I won tickets to see The Washers. I just love this band. Although they are traveling mostly throughout Texas right now, you can check them out on iTunes, Spotify, and YouTube.

They were so sweet!
Some guy proposed to the song "The Real Thing". Adorable.
Their lastest album "Tired Eyes" was released in 2012, which seems like forever ago now. I was first introduced to them while listening to Badlands Radio. The best station in the world. Get their app on iTunes.

Of you like The Damn Quails and the Thieving Birds, you're going to love these guys. This group of talented musicians puts on a great show if you ever have the chance to see them live.

Anyways, the first song I heard was Two Left Feet, followed by "Like a Gypsy Should" and "Bag of Bones". But, I'd have to say that my favorite is their first record, "Devil's Name". Its darker and explicit. Just the way I like it.

The title track, "Devil's Name", is such a well written song. The subject is slightly morbid, but I can't stop playing this song. 

In the end, "Pretty Girls" is by far my favorite song of theirs. 

"Don't fall asleep when you're in Brazos County, there's pretty girls and there's whiskey, too. You'll fall in love without even trying because pretty girls love whiskey, too."

I mean, how great is that? 
She's a professional +1.

In honor of The Washers, the song of the week is "Pretty Girls".


Happy Listening,

The Bos Lady

No comments:

Post a Comment